Friday, December 23, 2022

Skirrid Legs

So I had, what I've called Skirrid legs, for a few days after I marshalled the summit for the race last Saturday. I'm not really sure where I did the damage but my quads where sore and stiff for a couple of days afterwards. I guess the descent, but I was only walking so I wasn't expecting that.

I did a few light Zwift rides before a decent effort on Tuesday. Two sets of 6 two minutes at a good, if not outstanding pace. My legs were still feeling a bit stiff, so I didn't go all in - plus I'm still in my ease back phase till the new year. The pace was decent though. Yesterday was a mile on the treadmill and some more easy Zwifting. Today I was on for another easy 5k on the treadmill but it felt really easy so I ended up cranking up the pace to claim a treadmill pb. The end pace didn't really feel anywhere near all out - okay, it was well on the way towards hard but I hit 5k before it got there. Anyway, Stryd notified me afterwards, that I'd improved my 'critical power' by 7W.

It's going to be mostly easy and random for the next few days, but I think I'll try a more targeted assault to better my treadmill 5k sometime towards the middle of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment