Monday, August 10, 2020

Tour du Tarmac, Stage 1

That's not actually the name of event but it'll do. A fairly short one, 27km and I was taking it easy - at least to begin with. A running rest day meant it was a bike day. Three laps of the Innsbruck Ring and it started all very sedately, part of a large group moving well... until we hit the 8% hillock and then all hell broke loose as everyone went hill climb crazy - rude not too!

That totally broke the group apart and from there it turned into a bit of a race. The easy effort became slightly less easy. By the final lap I was working hard. Into the final k, I was in a group of four and I decided I should take the sprint - or die trying. I think everyone had the same idea. I went a bit early and got caught but got a second wind to take it. Had to unclip immediately and collapsed in a gibbering heap to recover. Good effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment