Thursday, May 01, 2014

Ready For Take Off

Vera is kitted up and fueled, Stacey fed and returned to the frigid wasteland that is the back of the fridge, I've tweaked the routes a little and I'm wearing sunglasses - hit it.....

I was going to head up tonight but as I'm only heading as far Bala - after my great discovery that it's a bank holiday weekend - I should be fine with an early morning drive. I'll probably head off 7am tomorrow, be there by ten and then I'll have the rest of the day to explore the Berwyns. From the map it looks like a cracking ridge run..

I've a few night stop over points picked out. Hopefully one will workout.. Then the plan is to drive to Llanuwchllyn Saturday morning and run the Ras Aran race route before heading back south east for the final night stop over and Sunday's slightly off piste loop back towards Ras Aran starting and finishing at one of Wales' highest road passes, Bwlch y Groes. The thirty seven pence question, is Vera up to that? Fingers crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment