Friday, February 22, 2013

Eminently Sensible Suggestion

Well I'm not heading for the mountains tomorrow after all. I'm planning to take the eminently sensible suggestion put forward by an expert training consultant - trying saying that after a couple of beers - and park up over by the Haresfield Beacon to then run the 10k or so along the Cotswold Way to the Painswick Orienteering. With that, the orienteering itself and the return journey I reckon I'll clock up 25 kilometres or so. That should be enough. It might have been slightly foolish to have run back to back weekends of over-extending mountain runs. This could be a gentler alternative while still getting some good distance with reduced risk of breaking myself - and I should have a little something left for the Ironwood Challenge on Sunday - provided there are spaces left....

No comments:

Post a Comment