Sunday, December 13, 2009

The end of a long week

Well I felt good and strong on Stage 2 of the Calderdale Way Relay. I reckon my week of boot camp has paid dividends. I was strong on all the climbs which has been a weak point of late. It almost felt like the old me, grinding on up to the summit - not there was an awful lot of climb on our stage, only 1,400 feet but while those around me had to stop I kept on grinding which felt bloody marvellous I can tell you.

I ran with a guy called Rob Rawlinson and although I got the better of him on the up he was a bit more mental on the down and caught me back up so over the nine miles we were about even so we were well paired - as both runners have to cross the finish before the next pair can start - it being a relay and all.

This week has seen me put on just over 62 miles in eight days and more than 15,000 feet of ascent. It's been a right brill holiday and, more importantly, a gert brill training camp.

Right, now I'm off the recover...

No comments:

Post a Comment