Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back to Dundry

Yesterday's Dundry run didn't happen on account of work issues. The weather was appalling so if I'm honest I was glad of the excuse. Anyway, I decided a rest day wouldn't go amiss.

Today Dundry was back on the menu as Martin and myself took to the hill. We could not have been more fortunate with he weather. It rained in the morning. It rained in the afternoon. It did not, however, rain during our five miler up over Dundry - result. And what a result. It was another fast one. Thirty seconds quicker on the anti-clockwise version than I've run it before this year. Martin beat me again - the cad - but I was closer, and he was definitely putting in the effort.

I decided to take a look back through my logs - stop it - to see what times I was running back at the end of 2006. A time when I was at my peak. A time long gone and you know what? Today I exceeded those times. Today 31:13, back in the day 31:22. Not sure how that happened because I sure as heck know my 5k time wouldn't be anywhere near my best if I were to race today - how odd. Still, it's good to know that things continue to head in the right direction.

Now watching episode one of the Triffids on Auntie's iPlayer - sssh, no one tell me what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment