Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not

I was up for it tonight. I tried my best. I really did. It was not enough.

My first mistake occurred in the first kilometre - too quick, way too quick. Actually that was the mistake. Too quick, way to quick.

My tactic was to go out quick and not pootle at the rear - oh er - but I was too ambitious and paid the ultimate price - OK, not the ultimate price, but it was an expense. As the miles clocked by I got slower and slower. Finally, as the finish podium rose into view, through the moorland mist, I made my final sprint towards the line but it was all in vain - I overtake 3 people but that was no bonus.

I was slow - but I sensed, better than last month. I say 'sense' because I had a watch failure in that I double tapped the timer so I didn't actually time the race at all. I am on the edge of my seat as to the time - hang on, no I'm not. I pretty much know it's going to be quicker than last time but not as quick as I wanted.

Back to the drawing board...

No comments:

Post a Comment