Saturday, April 18, 2009

Around the hill

I can't say I felt too enamoured about going for a run today - and certainly not a long one. I don't know what's up with me. I used to be able to get up at 7am on a Saturday and go run for 3 hours but I can't seem to get the enthusiasm anymore.

Anyway, H has gone for a long run in the mountains and I just didn't feel like it - our National plans were aborted on account that the women's B team fell through - athlete drop out - so there didn't seem much point in traveling all that way to compete in an incomplete team when a long, mountainous run would be of more benefit at this stage in the fell season. I went for an hour's run up and around May Hill - a hill that is not as high as some in Gloucestershire but is, at least, not the lowest.

My quads felt tired and the effort up hill - all 1,100 feet of it - was telling. Out there on the run I enjoyed it. The sun shone and I could hear the birds twitter. I'm glad I got myself out but I wish I could raise my game in terms of feeling more up for it in the first place. I love racing but training? - that's another matter entirely. When I do get myself out there everything is fine and I really get into it but it's the struggle to get out the door that I'm battling at the moment - I hope I win it.

Well, that's my lot for the day - at least I've earnt myself a sausage sandwich...

No comments:

Post a Comment