Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lunch anyone?

Clive T's spider senses were on top form - he'd taken himself out of the office until about two in the afternoon and with Graham still a bit off colour it was down to little old me to tread some pavement.

High noon arrived and I was out of the blocks like Usane Bolt. One minute later I hit the street running - OK, it might have been closer to five minutes. I chose the old Dundry loop - the loop made famous by such esteemed runners as Terry M, Mark D and not forgetting Clive T and Graham C of course. It goes something like this; out the front gate and round to Highridge common. Then up over the edge of Dundry and back down to the A38 before heading back to the start.

I've been inside 31 minutes for the hilly route that comes in close to five miles but today it took me 32:24 - now I'm quite pleased with that, even if I say so myself. I even managed to get up to the high point in an 'about as fast a time as I ever have' 16:24. I died on the run in mind, but it was a good hard effort.

I'm going to try and run the same route once a week - maybe missing out Christmas as things tend to go a bit wonky this time of year - but after that I'm going to use it as my fitness gauge.

Thought for the day: Those who live by the sword... get shot by those who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment