Saturday, September 21, 2024

Psychological Barrier Down

The last couple of weeks has been a continuation of Zone 2 running and biking combined with one treadmill interval session and one Zwift bike workout per week and a weekend medium run.

The treadmill work outs have been pretty solid. The bike sessions hard, as I've let them slip a bit. I feel I'm getting some momentum going though. My jury is still out on the zone 2 but the verdict is going to be a few months away - the jury needs much deliberation.

The weekend runs have been good. Last Saturday was a pretty solid 13k road run with an attack on the final climb, only seeing me miss my segment PB by under 20s - I'm getting closer, as that was a twenty second improvement on my previous attempt. Next time.....

This Saturday I was back for the Flaxley loop, with the focus on the climbs. I wasn't going PB, but I did put in solid efforts. The highlight was managing to run the entirety of the Velthouse Lane Climb segment. A feat I've not managed since 2016. It wasn't the fastest I've done but I was determined I needed to run the whole 1.5km. So now the barrier is broken the gloves are off.... 

So I know I said I wasn't going PB, but buoyed by my vanquishing of the previous climb, I finished the run with a cheeky attack on the East Side Climb segment - and managed to equal my own (shared first place) KoM time of 2:26. Grrrrhh. I will be the one true ruler of the East Side KoM. I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment