Sunday, January 01, 2017

A Slightly Inauspicious Start To 2017...

It was wet and cold. Oh so cold. And wet, did I mention that? The rain was sleet like as it hit the windscreen on the drive over to Ninewells for the orienteering. Not my most favoured conditions. I don't really mind the cold or the rain for plain old running because of a thing called gloves - and when it's really cold, my ex-german-army mittens. For orienteering in the wet, my current gloves don't cut it. I guess I should invest in a good pair.

Anyway, suffice to say, my hands got really bloody cold, really bloody quickly and I wasn't long into the hour long score event before I was struggling to manipulate the map. In the end, the discomfort in my hands was too much and I headed back in early without reaching all the controls. I think I would probably have been there or there abouts on getting them all if I'd continued but it wasn't much fun out there. Still, I'm glad I went. Maybe get some better weather at the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment