Monday, January 18, 2016

Destroyed It...

Where a few short weeks ago I would have let a frustrating day at work and nightmare drive home quell my desire to train. Tonight I turned that frustration, ju-jitsu style, into a force for good, to destroy my 2000m row time. Okay, destroy is a strong word I hear you say, but knocking 4.4s off my previous best* is, at the very least, a sound thrashing.

I got home from work, having taken almost an extra half hour to get through Gloucester, and headed straight into the gym and onto the rower. I went at it from the start, pulling the first 500m in 1:55. From there I held the pace around the 1:56/57 mark. With 750m to go I was struggling but I could see the time ticking down and just kept on going. Pulling the last 500m in 1:54s for 7:43.1. Felt damn good.

Finished with the ubiquitous bike and some ab-crunches. On the treadmill front I'm hoping to get the nod it will arrive in the next couple of days, RRRrrrrh, bring it on....

* I should say, when I refer to PB, I am referring to age related personal best, since my actual mark was set back before I became a veteran... I am now within 18 seconds of that mark and closing in...

No comments:

Post a Comment