Sunday, August 11, 2013

Roger, Over and Out

My engine finally ran out of steam. After down grading to the Pandy stage (36) from the Hay Bluff ridge (34+35), I still found it hard going - and not to mention slooow. After two tough days I knew enough to know I was done. I was really hoping to break the 100km barrier but it wasn't to be - this time - as I called it a day at 95km and headed home. Physically worn down but with the legs, surprisingly, feeling only a little sore. Probably going to have a rest day tomorrow - apart from work, of course. That, sadly, is going to be more hectic than ever. And when I say 'probably' you may as well fill in 'definitely'...

It has been a great weekend though. Was nice to get know my fellow harriers a little better - even if I did earn the moniker 'Old Dave' vs the newer, quicker, stonger 'New Dave' - grrrrrh. Still, I suppose it's better than 'Slow' Dave vs 'Fast' Dave......

No comments:

Post a Comment