Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stiff Neck

Don't know where it came from but as I set out from Speculation heading to Ellwood I got a spasm in my neck and from there on I had neck ache. It did ease but made the first half of the outward journey less enjoyable than it should have been.

Despite the discomfort I put in a reasonably hard effort along the firm going of cycle path over to Cannop Ponds. From there I knew I would slow. The softer ground of the Nagshead Planation was plenty wet - yikes, I sound like an advert for kitchen tissue - and, not to mention, plenty slippery. Two feet forward, one foot back.

I finally made to Ellwood and circumnavigated the race route in reverse until I caught the front of the race. From there I snapped some photos of most of the racers before continuing the reverse of the route back to the start which was actually the finish.

It was great to see so many Harriers out and after a brief natter it was time to turn tail and head home. I went a bit steadier on the return. Mostly on account that I was surprisingly knackered. That fast start on the way out had certainly taken its toll and by the time I got back to speculation, some 19km total running later I was glad to see the van.

Here's a link to photos of the runners and riders in this years 2012 Forest of Dean Christmas Tree Race. I think I managed to snap most people although my camera is a bit old - like me, shut it - and isn't very fast - like me, I said shut it - so I might have missed a few... (and it might take a while for all of them to appear while they upload through the ether to the 'tinterweb).





No comments:

Post a Comment