Monday, November 05, 2012

Nothing More I Can Do Now

I've put down my utensils. The baking is over. Nothing more I can do now - other than bribe the judges - but that's not my style. I think I've done a passable job but have to admit the ol' battenburg is one tricky son of a bitch. I'm not the most practiced cake baker. I can count on one hand the number of cakes I've baked. It was more than just the baking though, it was the putting it altogether that was so bloody tricky. Pleased with the flavours. Overall I'm happy. And as my Nepalese Guru would say, there's no point in baking off - not a euphemism - if you aren't going to push the envelope of your ability just a little...

All I need to do now is remember to take my fluorescent jacket and running kit to work so I can go straight to training - oh, and take my cake, of course. It's been so long since I turned up for a Chepstow training session I almost can't remember what time it starts - it's 7pm, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment