Monday, November 19, 2012

Not Going Out In This

I was rather hoping those bods down at the met office would have one of their more typical days. Sadly, it turns, out they were having an off day - they got the forecast correct. It's been peeing down all day and it still peeing down now. My spidey senses were tingling from the off. As day broke over Breakheart Hill with its red glow filling the morning I was afraid it might be the shepherds warning.

My legs are still sore but its mostly localised to the quads. I was going to loop through Flaxley for an easy 10k but not in this. More bike. Legs should be back to normal tomorrow but I who knows if I'll muster for anything.

I did manage to get out into the garden during a short gap in the rain to plant up some garlic in one of the raised beds. I also improved the cat anti-dump defense - so I shouldn't be reaping any unwanted kitty turds come harvest time. Then I just had time to stir up the compost heap to get some air in. Don't really know if it's the right time or even the right thing to do but it just seemed right to mix up the kitchen scraps with the green stuff. And then the rain came - again...

No comments:

Post a Comment