Monday, June 11, 2012

This Global Warming Is Getting On My Nerves

I can remember weather like this from summer holidays when I was a lad - although I didn't realise we were supposed to call it global warming back then. Seriously though, what is the point of the MET office? A few months ago they were spreading prophecies of doom... Hose pipe bans... Standpipes... Civil unrest over water shortages - OK, they didn't go that far. What is the point of spending all that money on super computers to do a piss poor job of forecasting the weather any further into the future than a couple of hours? Might as well just go by the old 'red sky at night.. red sky in the morning..' adage. Be about as accurate - and a damn sight cheaper.

On other matters, as expected, my back is indeed aching. My arms too. Good job done though - and just in the nick of time. Home from work, I couldn't face getting soaked so an hour on the bike it was. I cranked the resistance right up and really pumped those pedals. Dripping. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment