Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Was, Honest...

But I didn't because I remembered I'd mentioned to the neighbour that I'd do my bit to clear the brook. They were busy yesterday cutting back and strimming and I felt guilty as I wasn't able to help.

I was up by nine and, strong cup of freshly brewed coffee in hand, plotted a route for my leg of the Cotswold relay to allow me to run a circular loop. All set I was preparing to go when I suddenly remembered my promise. To be fair I've been intending to get out there into the brook for a couple of months as it's massively over grown and if we don't keep it clear we flood! So, waders donned, I headed in...

What hard bloody work - you can tell I'm an office boy. Twenty minutes in it was off with my top. I was down to my shorts and waders - a sexy combo if ever there was. At one point I thought my waders were leaking as my feet were feeling wet - it was a sweaty business wearing all that rubber - ooh nasty! Four hours later the undergrowth was vanquished. The brook was flowing freely and I was thoroughly knackered. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a few aches tomorrow and at least I've got my route all setup for next week...

On gardening matters the first of the tomatoes have started to grow. Fourteen proper little tomatoes - how sad am I to count them? - don't answer that...

No comments:

Post a Comment