Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Run

But it weren't easy. I was trying hard tonight - and didn't I flamin' know it!

From the gun, at the start of tonight's Bridge Inn 5k, I moved along steadily in the first kilometre. From there it didn't get any easier, sadly. It was a constant struggle to keep pushing. I stayed focused - while those few around me faded. Or was it me that was strong? Either way I held it together to finish in a seasons best - and I chucked shortly after. Haven't tried that hard for a while - and you know what? It felt good.

Despite the 18:50 time I still only managed 47th! The Bridge is becoming mighty competitive these days...

Still got to be happy with my fastest time for more than three years. The come back continues - and it feels bloody good.

No comments:

Post a Comment