Friday, July 24, 2009

Calm before the storm

It's just two short days before Seaview and a little bit of panic has set in. I haven't run anywhere near twenty miles in ages - in fact, it must be coming up to a couple of years! With 4,000 feet of ascent it's going to be a serious test. I am well and truly tapering and tomorrow I shall be carb loading.

To think the last time I ran I was round in 2nd place - after giving away the win on account of poor navigation. This time I almost think I'll be lucky to finish - oh, the power of positive thinking. Seriously though, I've run a few longer runs and I feel I can get round - just not very quickly.

My tactics for the race are steady, steady, steady. I will be slapping myself if I get caught up in a race at the head of the field. If anything, I'd like to work my way through the field. A bit of me wants to go quick but I know I need to concentrate of surviving...

No comments:

Post a Comment