Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yellow lightning

Wow! What a session that was and not only that it was another good turn out - almost a full house - but not quite. Jamie was still buzzing from his cross country exploits on Sunday - fair play - he is a 400m man, after all.

We ran three 800's followed by three 500's and finished off with three 300's. And even though I blow my own trumpet - stop it - it was a far far quicker session that I did tonight than I have ever done before.

My times were 2:32, 30, 31 for the 8's then 93, 92, 91 for the 5's and 52, 49, 51 for the 3's. Considering my 800m pb is only 2:24 that can't be bad. And the lads were stunned by my 49s 300m - as yellow lightning came tear-arsing down the final hundred metres destroying all in his wake - monumental baby. I cramped up through the line though - but it was worth it - I got to within spitting distance of Sean and Nick.

I managed to de-cramp in time for the final one, albeit a bit slower but I wouldn't have got close to the lads on the final one anyway. They absolutely legged it. Jamie, Harry and Danny were all around 46s with Nick and Sean even faster - awesome.

I don't think I've ever run training 800's inside 2:34 before so I am slightly buzzing at the moment. It was solid, hard effort tonight. I felt light headed at times. Struggled for breath at others but stuck in there, dug deep and came away with the prize - there wasn't really a prize, lads - just the prize of personal satisfaction. Bring it on...

Thought for the day: The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment