Friday, November 16, 2007

Tapering

With just over two weeks until the Luton Marathon it's time to start my taper. I've had my race number come through, it's 672, with a yellowish hue and a smidgen of blue. I'll be ready to run, right from the gun, but it's only for fun and my time won't stun - blimey, I was off on one then...

...back to reality. I'm heading over the Bridge again tomorrow, to the Brecon Beacons. I'm going to program up the GPS with a 15 mile route starting by the Talybont Reservoir and heading round in a loop. I'm plotting the route using my OS maps - so I hope the tracks on the map really do exist else it's going to go all cross country on me. I did the same thing up in the Cairngorms and the routes I chose obviously don't get much use except by the occasional mountain goat - I hope these ones are better. I've tried to pick a flatish course without taking in the peaks but even then it looks like being 3,000ft of ascent - I guess you don't get flat in the Brecons.

Thought for the day: My country is the world and my religion is to do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment