Saturday, September 08, 2007

I might leggit, I might not...

I'm in two minds regarding the Bristol half - never a good thing - twice the madness. Do I pace it at my intended marathon pace or do I go for it? There are 21 days in between now and Berlin so I don't feel it will do me any harm if I do decide to leggit. If I run at marathon pace and feel tired at the finish then it could be a psychological blow. If, on the other hand, I just go for it then I expect to be knackered and it would be a good test of how ready I am. Don't really know what to do so I guess I'll suck it and see on the day - shh, - sshhh. I'll start steady and see how I feel.

It looks like its heading for another hot one - so I think we can expect a fair number of casualties - but not it a life threatening way I hope. Just hope those not fully trained take things easy. I think we can all agree that we want it to go off OK. I'm pretty sure there will be the usual crap organisation at the start. Do I care? Not really as I'll be standing near the front - as I was 129th last year I think that entitles me to a good start position. I do hope they get it right this year - if London can organise things right then we should be able to as well. Come on Bristol get it sorted - fingers crossed.

Thought for the day: The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tyre.

No comments:

Post a Comment