Monday, March 09, 2020

Start of the Tour

But the main question is when to do my last run and bike before the big day? It's been so long I can't really remember how I used to taper. I decided I needed to at least get stage one on the bike out of the way but didn't really race it. I'll likely try a very gentle stage one on foot tomorrow so at least I'll have both stage ones of the Tour of Watopia out the way. Probably skip stage two as it's too close to the main event on Sunday. Might be my last training session tomorrow but maybe a very gentle effort Thursday. That'll definitely be the last before Sunday...

As to tonight's stage on the bike. I started slow and easy but really got going. In fact, despite feeling a bit tired before hand, and the legs feeling a bit dead, by the end I was going as well as I have for a while - without really feeling like I was putting the hammer down. Maybe there's something to my secret beetroot pills...

No comments:

Post a Comment