Sunday, February 04, 2018

Day Three Of The HIIT Parade...

So far so good. Compared to a 45 minute plod, my new 30 minute routine, encompassing 12 minutes at high intensity, feels like I'm accomplishing more.

I've honed the session to 12 treadmill reps of 45s at speeds between 14 and 16kph with a 75s recovery. Now I'm not naive enough to think that the treadmill is anywhere near the same as real life speed but it still feels bastard hard for me at the moment. I'm aiming to run all of the reps at 16kph and then start edging up the elevation.

Then it's 5 bike reps of 30s all out at high resistance off a 60s recovery. My legs burn - which is the way it's meant to be. I'll probably nudge up the number of reps over time.

I'm hoping I can remain enthused enough to complete the session at least a few times a week - I'll brave putting a figure to that after I've managed a few sessions during the working week...


No comments:

Post a Comment