Monday, May 16, 2016

Overcooked It...

I attempted to run some intervals tonight. It didn't quite go to the plan. The rep is 700m from the end of the road to the church and slightly uphill on the outward rep. I warmed up by jogging to the church to start with a downhill rep - and from there it went a little wrong. I legged it way too fast. Hitting the first rep in 2:22. With 90s recovery done I slowed significantly on the uphill to 2:50. I was fading fast. With another 90s recovery I ran the third in 2:35 and I decided to call a halt as I was struggling, having burnt myself out setting an unrealistic pace. I guess that's what comes with being out of practice. I shall learn the lesson and pace it better next time. I finished tonight's training with 30 minutes on the bike and some core work. Week 22 has begun...


No comments:

Post a Comment