Sunday, July 12, 2015

Wiped Out...

Well I did it and boy am I feeling zonked now. I was a minute slower than last year, most of that lost on the ascent. Conditions at the start were less than pleasant as intermittent strong winds and rain blew through. True to my word, I was Chepstow vested up today - none of this wearing of water proofs nonsense. No, I stared into the face of the rain - and it pissed all over me. It didn't last though. By the time I eventually made it to the Fan y Big summit the rain had all but died out and it wasn't long before the sun came out.

I was better on the descent, making up a good number of places. By the time I reached the road section I was down to empty and fully expected to be overtaken - but I wasn't. In fact, I gained one more place before eventually making it to the finish.

Big thanks to Mynydd Du, as always, well organised and some great after race snacks. The weekend has provided more decent training as the come back continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment