Sunday, November 17, 2013

11km!

Yes, that's the distance I covered in yesterday's orienteering! No wonder I was out there practically all day. The other disappointing fact is that, looking at the gps plot, I was not actually very far from the devils control - that's number eight - on my first approach. I must have passed within 15 metres of it. Sounds a lot but in terms of a featureless acre of forest that wasn't actually too far off. And before you say it, a miss is as good as a mile. I know, I know. Now sod off.

Didn't manage to get to the cross country - not that my heart was really in it anyway. In fact I didn't run at all because my achilles is feeling a bit sore and I decided not to risk it. Most importantly though, I managed to bake a cracking pumpkin and sunflower seed wholemeal loaf followed by a pesto topped pizza for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment