Saturday, June 22, 2013

Relaxing Day

The weather held so it was bike time. I was out there 90 minutes. I didn't go fast. I just enjoyed it. It was a bit windy - ssh, no - in places which made it harder work but not a big problem. Then I popped out to the garden centre for some large pots and I planted out the french beans and sowed some chive and mint in them. Not all in the same pot just to clear that up. Oh, and I've sowed some wild strawberries. Need more bloomin' pots now!

Next up was harvesting more basil for pesto and I finished off baking cypriot olive and coriander bread, one from Mr H's 100 breads. Mmmmm, mmmm. With the rest of my time this fine Saturday, I have been doing absolutely sod all - and it's been bloody marvelous. Some times it's nice not straying far from home and taking it easy.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, having run my two target races, I need to pick a new focus. Up in a month or so there's the Chepstow Offa's Dyke relay of course and I'm aiming to run 30 miles per day over the Friday to Sunday event. Going to work out some timings once the relay times have been issued. I'm intending to set off ahead of the relay each day with a target pace in mind - ahead, dead slow - that gets me the 30 miles before the relay catches me at which point I will continue on with the relay - sitting in someone's car rather than running. One day I'm going to bag the whole lot but not this year.

I need something to aim for towards the end of the year - donning the thinking cap... I also have three long weekends to plan. One in July and two in August. I'm thinking the peak district for one, maybe two of those weekends as I've not ever run there - in the daylight. I have the maps so I might as well get some use out of them. I guess it would be rude not to take a trip up to the Lakes as well. I've not been up this year. Oh, and of course, there's the Lake District Mountain Trial to enter, taking place first or second week of September. Maybe, that could be my focus race...

No comments:

Post a Comment