Friday, April 27, 2012

Ready, Set,

Go. In a few short hours - surely there won't be any traffic on the M6 on a Friday?.. I like to dream - I will be up in sunny Yorkshire, the English equivalent of Florida. Most importantly I've got Vera repaired after I noticed a small diesel leak last night as I went through the pre-flight checks. Diesel is expensive enough as it is without letting it leak away. Anyway, it was nothing major, just a leak in one of the fuel return lines and with Longhope Motor Services just around the corner it was easy to get a replacement section of rubber pipe. No more leak. Sorted.

As to the rest of the preparation I've got all my kit packed and checked - I do love a good check-list. The most vital being the compulsory race kit, which, I am reliably informed, will be checked. Hat (I'd hoping to get away with a buff but I do have a proper hat as well), Gloves, Compass, Whistle, harpsichord, waterproof and wind proof trousers and jacket, emergency food, oh yeah, and a map 'of the whole route'.

 Just need to load up the van and I'll be off...

Oh, and if you are sad enough to want to catch the results as they happen you can tune in on the SPORTident website http://live.sportident.co.uk/threepeaks, the race starts at 10am. I'm race No. 105 with estimated splits on the 4 hour schedule as Pen-y-Ghent 0:37, Ribblehead 1:53, Whernside 2:21, Chapel 2:46, Ingleborough 3:15 and the finish 4:00

No comments:

Post a Comment