Saturday, April 07, 2012

And The Mystery Destination Was...

Shropshire. Not the Long Mynd though. I wanted to run somewhere new so I parked up just North of Clun and headed out on the Shropshire Way heading east and North. The weather was a bit rubbish but at least the rain held off.

I was surprised by how hilly the route was. You expect hills on the Mynd but not so much on your run of the mill countryside. And the views.. and that was despite the murk.

In all I covered about twenty miles and around 5,000 feet of ascent. Thoroughly bloody knackered though. I think I might have to downgrade tomorrow's route a little... Planning to head west and pick up Offa's Dyke - fnah, fnah - north of Knighton.

As to the camping, I've found a great little spot. Cooked up some dinner and now the murk has lifted I'm going to head on out for a short walk to the Bury Ditches Fort on Sunnyhill - although I have some trade description issues with the name. Tootle pip...

No comments:

Post a Comment