Friday, May 21, 2010

Haven't run all week

but I have today done an hour on the bike to test the knee. It doesn't feel painful for the first time this week - and I've given it a good prod. Looks like all systems go for a run tomorrow - and it has to be a long one. It will, however, also be a very steady one.

To go along with my plan to run the entire Cotswold Way at the end of summer I reckon it's about time I ran Bristol's answer to the Bob Graham Round - all though to be fair, with almost no ascent and never at any point being further than a mile from civilisation, the Community Forest Path is not really much of an answer. It should prove a little bit of a challenge for me at this stage in my preparation, weighing in at about 45 miles. I shall be hoping to be a bit quicker than the 'Greenman's Challenge' target of inside 24 hours. I'll be disappointed not be inside half that - but don't go placing any bets on the record, at around 7-8 hours, I'll not be threatening that. Loosely pencilling the attempt for the end of June.

To that end, I'm going to recce a section of the course from Dundry around to Willsbridge tomorrow. Should be around 20 miles hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment