Saturday, September 13, 2008

Llyn-y-Fan

What a bloody good day we had today. And, what perfect weather - I don't know how the organiser managed it but I reckon he has some connections with a higher power.

I ran ace today. OK, not ace on the good runner scale of ace but it felt bloody ace - I am buzzing. Of course, Helen whooped me but for the first time in a while we had a bit of a tussle - until the final descent - and then it was race over for me. We finish in a one two - well, it was 5th and 6th - but you get my meaning of consecutive places. So it wasn't a huge field but I so enjoyed getting out there, proper like an' all. And one chap, Kevin, just found my Sugar Loaf video from last year and said it was great seeing himself on it - seems like I should get out there and do a bit more filming and get back into the spirit of fun.

As like in the old days, I recorded the route today so I will be posting that up as soon as I get it uploaded to the web.

Anyway, I expect to be fully knackered tomorrow - but rest assured I will be running. I might be slow and limp along, but I will be running...

No comments:

Post a Comment