Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another run in the forest

We went out for another run in the hazy, late afternoon sun. We retraced our steps of yesterday starting out in the reverse direction before taking a different route home. We only ran five and a half miles today with 800 feet of ascent against yesterdays ten and a half miles and 2,500 feet of ascent - sure is hilly in these yar parts.

I reckon that if I can manage to get myself out for a few more runs I'll find the old strength again - which is just as well with the Stroud Half Marathon fast approaching. Helen is going to give me such a beating there. I'll be lucky if I can break an hour and a half - I'll never hear the end of it.

It's a shame we're hitting autumn and the Darkness - that Justin Hawkins has got a lot to answer for - oops, must keep grip on reality. Seriously though, the change of scenery and vast number of paths through the forest should give me plenty of muse.

Right, I'm off for some more of that diy. Where are those blasted fence planks...

No comments:

Post a Comment