Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The fantastic four

Jerry, Bruce, Sean and me - although Rick ran the 300's and timed us for the 600's.

It was a chill but calm night. The stars glistened in the sky, like diamonds - on a gert huge wibbly wobbly piece of string. Right, back to this universe.

We ran five 600's with 45-60s recovery - Sean got 60s, I got 45. Then we ran five 300's with an equally short recovery - 'cept I only ran three 300's with a massive recovery on account of being a bit crap. Sean looked in good form, running easy but quick after his pb yesterday. Bruce seemed to be holding his own as well and Jerry? Need I really say anymore?

Anyway, I ran steady for the 600's in 2:00, 1:59, 1:58, 1:59 and 1:57. OK, so that's not great speed but after the last few days I'll take it - and I was only getting short recovery. It's not too bad is it? I ran the 300's purposefully quicker. With the longer recovery I had to really, didn't I? - and Sean was giving me enough stick for only doing three as it was.

So I ran 52s, 50s - and this is something special - coming into the final bend, the crowd looking on in stunned disbelief as I edged onto the shoulder of Sean, doing it the hard way - ooh, er, Mrs - round the outside, closer, closer, level. .. ... urgh, with 20 metres to go, the youngster just found the extra to hold me off - but then he is half my age. It was my fastest ever 300 though so I'm pleased with 46s. Not bad for an old'ish' timer.

Thought for the day: Be the labour great or small do it well or not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment