Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fan-tastic

The two founding members of my fan club were at the track tonight. I won't mention their names to avoid embarrassment - it's not something that anyone should ever admit to - should they D & C?

They've been pleading with me for some of my Mad Runner t-shirt iron on transfers - well, pleading is perhaps a little strong. Anyway, hopefully you will see the three of us in our Mad Runner T's at the Dursley Dozen - that, of course, depends on you being present at the Dursley Dozen. Obviously, if you're not in Dursley then you ain't going to see us - hang on, this is going all surreal again [cue Twilight Zone music].

Right, back to reality and tonight's track session. It was another good showing from the now usual suspects of Sean, Rob, Danny, Bruce and Jerry but tonight we also had a new boy by the name of Dan M. Apparently some say he's pretty quick, some say he eats babies for breakfast and some bow to his prowess as the Masters M45 10k Road Champion but I can't see that myself as he didn't look a day over 40.

So what was tonight's session? We ran ten 400m reps with a 200m jog recovery. When I say we, I actually mean me and the new boy. Everyone else did eight or nine - but that's OK - not everyone can keep up with the old timers - he shoots, he scores.

I was pleased with my laps. It was my fastest set for quite some time - in fact, a very long time - mid October. My times were 69, 70, 72, 72, 72, 72, 73, 73, 69 & a completely knackered 76s to finish - and I really was finished. Still, it was good to get a quick one under my belt considering I still had a bit of Sunday lingering in the old pegs.

Thought for the day: Friendship make prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment