Friday, August 31, 2018

Up Again...

Another FTP increase. It's now up to 209 from 204. That's an improvement of 21 watts or 11% since the start of the Academy three and a half weeks ago. Happy with that but it was hard fought tonight in the Academy TT race. It was my first TT, albeit a virtual one, and I wasn't quite sure how to play it. In the end it turns out you just pedal as hard as you can and try not to blow up.

My legs were burning from a few minutes in and I didn't have anything left for a sprint at the finish so I think I got it about right. Pretty sure if I'd gone off any harder at the start I'd have crashed and burnt.

The trial was 16km on a flatish course with a few 'hill' blips which hit the speed as can be seen from the analysis graph below. I'm pleased how stable the purple power chart is and even shows a very gentle, almost imperceptible upwards slope - honest guv, if you analyse the raw data it does, really, it does...

Anyway, another good training session completed and you know what? At this work rate, by this time next year, I'll almost be fit again - yes, I've fallen such a long way so it's any equally long climb back...


No comments:

Post a Comment