Sunday, June 28, 2015

Got To Be A Good Thing Hasn't It?....

So, I've been hitting the running hard. Recording it all on the Fenix 2 and after thirteen days it reports my VOmax has risen from 45 to 48, in a fairly linear fashion vs the runs/efforts I've put in. Now I'm not sure how scientific the Garmin calculation is or how accurate - or even what it really all means - but the higher the VOmax the better, I think? So I think my tactic to hit it short and hard - sssh, matron, stop it - is working.

I've another run planned tomorrow - had a rest day today to recover from yesterday's 'long' run, and after that I'll play it by ear. I still feel I can make some gains vs being fresh for the Saunders but I need to make sure I hit the sweet spot. One thing I think I've achieved over the last thirteen days is the desire to get back to the form, allowing for age, I used to have. And you know what, I think I need to book myself some travel arrangements and accommodation in Newcastle, County Down for the Mourne Skyline Mountain Trail Race - wot I entered a few months ago - because this Mad Runner is going to make the start line...

No comments:

Post a Comment