Saturday, July 06, 2013

Changed The Plan

I realised pretty early on that it was going to be too hot for a long run - at least for me. I really struggle when it's hot. So instead I stayed in the shade and put in an hour on the bike. Then in the early evening I did a thirty minute run around the village up through Hobbs Quarry, generally keeping to the tree cover. Even so, I was melting by the time I got back.

Before all that activity I headed into the garden to harvest the first of my earlies. And boy what a bumper crop! I had way to many to use myself so gave some away to my neighbours. Even just doing that brought me out in a sweat - the harvesting not giving them to the neighbours. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I was rewarded with a return of favour with some fresh strawberries and a cauliflower. You beauty. Suffice to say dinner is about as fresh as it gets. I've gone with an experimental potato, chorizo, chilli, quiche, cheese bake thing followed by some of those fresh strawberries in balsamic vinegar. The bake is on as I type so I can't take too long on this.

Well anyway, my weather station registered a peak temperature of 29 degrees so I think it was a good call to change the plan. I'm certain I would have suffered on a long run in this heat. Apparently tomorrow is due to be even hotter! Think I'll enjoy the sun while we've got it though, dinner outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment