Thursday, September 13, 2012

Yeah, The Weekend Is Here...

and tomorrow I head north and a little west to Snowdonia. Really looking forward to the Peris Horseshoe now. I am right up for it. Totally in the mood. It's the first time in a while I've (sort of) tapered ahead of a race. Even the weather looks OK. To be honest, I'll be happy if stays half as good as forecast. I'll take any improvement over last years torrential rain and strong winds. This year I want to soak up the views as I pootle around some of Wales' high points - rather than soaking up the rain like last year.

If I'm honest the 8,500 feet of ascent scares me a little. OK, It scares me a lot but then again, it's only 17 miles. As to the game plan, I really need to keep myself in check over the first half. I'm going to climb real easy to Elidir Fawr, Y Garn and Glyder Fawr. From there it'll be a case of surviving. Providing I follow the plan in the first half I reckon I should survive OK. Never been over Lliwedd so that should be good. Last years race missed it out due to the poor conditions. I think at this point I'm supposed to type the words 'bring it on...'. So here goes. Bring it on...

And all being well, having kicked the horseshoe's ass, I aim to recovery race Chepstow's St Arvans Multi-Terrain 10 Miles on Sunday. I've been told it's actually going to be 10 miles this year - are you listening Matthew?... It'll be just like the good old days. A double header of tough races. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment