Thursday, June 23, 2011

Entering Party Mode

Not long now till I enter the magical world that is Butlins. I think I've got everything ready to pack and as I doubt I'll be doing any exercise during the next four days I took the opportunity for a final run.

And a great job it was too. The sun shining. The wind calm. It makes you feel good to be alive. A time to forget your troubles. Up over May Hill, down the the far side, around Newent Woods before heading back over May Hill and home. Ten and a half miles and 1,500 feet of ascent completed in a reasonably time. My speed up the climbs is beginning to improve as well. All good.

I still don't think everything is quite right in the groin area but I do feel it's improving. It certainly hindered me much less than it has and didn't prevent me putting in a few good bursts of speed and effort here and there. I think I've made the right call regarding the long distance challenge. Living to fight another day is definitely the way to go.

Oh, and did I mention I'm off to Butlins! This weekend is going to be such a laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment