Friday, March 05, 2010

A little bit of this

a little bit of that. By day I ran. By night I bike.

It is nine days till the first of my upcoming half marathons so I need to start piling it on. I know, I know, it's too late but I've got to give it a try. At lunch we - that's Martin and I - headed up over Dundry for our now regular, well, fairly regular weekly run. Fast we were not. He's missed a few weeks training and I was still feeling Wednesday's 10 miler. That in itself is a bit worrying. It wasn't like I was steaming it on Wednesday, so to be still feeling it a couple of days later does not bode too well...

Tonight I put in an hour on the bike in front of the telly - the Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer - what a pile of kak but it kept my mind off the boredom that is the bike so I really shouldn't grumble.

It's been a good days training but with limited time till Hogweed's Hilly it's back out for a long run tomorrow. I need at least 13 miles, some of which to be at race pace - but not too much, mind, no point in being silly...

No comments:

Post a Comment