Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The LAMMing season

I've just got myself 101 reasons to kick up the training a notch - the LAMM. OK, that's really only one reason but it's a hell of a big ONE. It's not 100% confirmed but I'm going to hit the training trail as if it is. (For those who haven't heard of the LAMM, it's the Lower Alpine Mountain Marathon - a two day long distance, navigational race with multiple categories of distance. We are going for the A category which is about 60km over the two days - nice).

I'm going to start by constructing a proper training schedule. Yes, you heard that correct. I shall be putting pen to paper - or more accurately, fingers to keyboard. My initial play is to add in an hour and a half run straight from work on a Thursday. Wednesday I'll be hitting the track or a hill session. The weekend will be racing and long runs - and I'll be using the racing as hard training rather than anything else. So if a race is on a Sunday it'll be a long run on Saturday. Monday, Tuesday and Friday are up for grabs at the moment. Admittedly it's a bit of a shit plan at the moment but it's a start.

Anyway, my quads are still bad from Sunday so I put in an hour on the bike. I pushed hardish but the quads were the limiting factor. Tomorrow I head to the track for the first time in ages. The question is, will I make it there?

No comments:

Post a Comment