Sunday, July 03, 2022

Resting Heart Rate

It's been another good week's training. Six sessions of varying intensity, including that pretty hefty FTP increase on Thursday. That knackered my legs a bit for the next few days but nevertheless I've done a few good sessions. I still feel I'm a long way off 'proper running' but I'm still heading in the right direction. I'm closely monitoring the data to make sure I don't overdo things. As long as I can keep making small gains, week on week, I'll be happy. Talking of the data, it shows my resting heart rate, weekly average, as the lowest it's been for two years. I can't really put that all down to the training because I'm still far less fit than I was back then (and I wasn't really that fit then either). What it tells me, is that I've been low on iron for a long time and that most of my current improvement is from actually having some haemoglobin...

No comments:

Post a Comment