Monday, July 02, 2018

107% Of Maximum...

I didn't even know the ol' ticker could go so high! 189bpm! The heat did for me. I knew it would but having not run a proper run for four days I had to go and do it anyway... I've never been good in the heat and out of shape as I am, running at the hottest part of the day was never likely to reverse that.

So I'd been conscious of keeping hydrated through the day but perhaps even so, I didn't quite drink enough. In the first few minutes of 'running' my heart rate shot up - and that was on a generally flattish section. It hit max on the main climb but after that stabilised. By then it was just a case of getting the run done. Although I didn't ease off and kept going to the end. I ended up twenty seconds faster than last time out so it was better than it could have been.

I think I'm just going to have to bide my time during the hot spell and hope it doesn't knock my plans for a September come back race....

No comments:

Post a Comment