Friday, October 14, 2016

Back On The Road Again...

Picked up my new second hand set of wheels - and all the other associated mechanical bits - this afternoon. I'm expecting to have that new car, must keep it clean feeling for somewhere in the region of three weeks before I slip back into it old habits and it turns into a mobile pigsty . 

I had a decent ride across on my crapped out mountain bike. I managed to get a few more of the gears operational this time so I was able to go a bit faster on the flat. It still wouldn't shift into to top gear but I had the use of all the lesser gears for the hills at least. Overall I was a good chunk quicker and it was interesting to peruse and compare the segments on Strava.

Looking forward to taking the new wheels on its maiden voyage to the mountains for tomorrow's Fan Brycheiniog fell race where I am helping out as race sweeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment