Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Well That's That...

The training is as complete as it's going to get before The Comeback this coming Sunday. I was planning to run a low key event, where the only person at risk of failure was myself. Come Sunday the stakes will be somewhat higher in the Rack Raid Relay. On the plus side, at least I have a net down hiller of a stage...

My final training run was a repeat of the last Thursday's Velthouse loop and I went at it solidly. I was 35s quicker through phase one. Slightly quicker on phase two. Identically paced on phase three and then dropped a few seconds on phase four as I tied up a little before pulling things together in the final phase to finish almost 40 seconds inside last weeks run.

With hindsight I was probably 'a bit keen' in the phase one - when I say 'a bit keen' what I really mean is out and out too ambitious. Having over egged it there I knew I was likely to blow in the final stages.

Overall I'm pleased with the run. It gives me some idea of pacing for Sunday. Being so out of practice at racing I think it's all going to come down to getting the pacing right. Not too slow and definitely not too quick...

No comments:

Post a Comment