Saturday, February 08, 2014

Wasn't Sure..

About today's orienteering training. The forecast was foreboding and how do you train for orienteering besides just racing? As it turned out, the weather front was slower to hit than the 'experts' foretold - back of the net. And the training was really good. Good, apart from having a total navigational brain freeze at control 20.

The sessions certainly provided food for thought and some good technique tips. In another ten years of hard slog I might get the hang of it...

Anyhow, pop pickers, I've decided the cough isn't sufficiently gone to risk a long mountain run tomorrow. So, provided it isn't teaming with rain first thing, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope there's some spare maps - as I've not pre-entered - at the Monmouth orienteering.

And for the record, the rain has well and truly hit now...

No comments:

Post a Comment