Sunday, February 16, 2014

Baking Italian

I wasn't able to go to the Compass Sport Cup qualifier today. Which was a shame as it looked to be just about the best day of the year so far. On the other hand, Ottavia in Cucina's Italian baking class that I attended instead, more than made up for it. The highlight was the light brioche and the pane biove. The pane biove for the fact it was a real show piece bread roll. The light brioche because I can see now I haven't been kneading my previous attempts at it sufficiently. Oh, and generally seeing first hand the techniques - not to mention some new pizza toppings. I am definitely making a gorgonzola topped pizza. Never had gorgonzola before, always been a little scared of the softish blue cheese but if was really good...

No comments:

Post a Comment