Thursday, March 08, 2012

Not The Best Lunch

My legs didn't want to play today. Pretty much from the off I knew I was going to have to settle for 'well at least I got out for a run'. The entire run was just a slog. I never got going. We ran out along the A38 - scenic as ever with the quarry lorries thundering past and the wind blowing in your face, and the whole world getting on your case, the pretty lady we ran past didn't offer me a warm embrace, nor did she make any attempt to make me feel her love - ooh nooo, matron, stop it.

As we turned off the A38 - I say we, but Martin was already bloody miles ahead by then - we hit the main climb. If I'm honest, although I was running like a donkey, the climb itself wasn't too bad and I got to the top in reasonable shape. Wasn't quick though. The running remained ragged and the time outside 32 minutes. Surprisingly not as slow as it felt and within a minute of my recent best. Still, it was a bit disappointing as I have no excuse for the poor performance nor do I attempt to make one. It was quite simply one of those runs that the best thing that can be said about it was the fact that you did at least get off your arse to do it. One to put behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment